Sunday, October 4, 2009

Microsoft word - friend emailed me word file. I saved it as another name but can't find it now?

A friend emailed me a word document in the office. We use microsoft outlook. I opened it and worked on it for a few hours and then saved it as another name but now I can't locate the file. We are on a small business server netowork.



I've tried using the search facility in windows but no use! Help :) please



Microsoft word - friend emailed me word file. I saved it as another name but can't find it now?internet security 2006



if you can't find it under your most recent docs then try saving the file again from the email. You don't have to actually save it, just see where it is saving it too. It might be some bogus file instead of the usual "my document". My work computer does this all the time. It is really annoying.



Microsoft word - friend emailed me word file. I saved it as another name but can't find it now?microsoft



wolfance has the right idea. That or try the Recent Documents link in the Start Menu.



The next answer is wrong, as an email program and Word will not have the same "last location saved" memory, so the mail program may want to save on the Desktop while Word last saved in C:\Docs\Mine\Stuff



The MRU list as it is called is always different in each program.
open word, click on file, then scroll down to the most recent documents, and you will find it. Open it.



then click file, and click SAVE AS- then you can see "where" it was saved.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment