Thursday, October 8, 2009

I want my Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 back but this Mozilla Firefox won't let me change. What

A while back a month or so ago, I got an update advisory from what I thought was Windows. It was for Mozilla Firefox and was supposed to be the latest and greatest Internet Explorer. I have since found that this service is not near as good as the Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 that I had before. Not even as good as Explorer 6. Now when I try to download and change back to the Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, the Mozilla Firefox blocks this and won't let me change back. What in the world can I do to effect this change? There is no charge that I am aware of for using the Mozilla Firefox so I do not understand why it won't let me change back. If anyone has had a simalar thing happen to them or can tell me what I can do , please let me know.



I want my Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 back but this Mozilla Firefox won't let me change. What can I do?internet security 2006



To start with, in firefox, go to (on the menu) [Tools][Options] and open the [Main] tab. There will be a check box saying "Always check to see if firefox is the default browser on startup" (or similar) - make sure this is unchecked.



Then starts IE and again select [Tools][Options] from the menu. On the [Programs] tab (on IE7) there is an option "Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default browser" - check that, and there will also be a button that will say "Make Default" - click that. IE should now be your default browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment