Thursday, October 22, 2009

Microsoft office is 'Read only' so I can't use it. How can I get the Read Only box un

I have Microsoft Office 2003 on a replacement hard drive and it may be a 'Trial' version. It was working fine then suddenly all aspects of 'Office' will read only. Can't use 'Outlook' - 'Word' - 'Excel' or 'PowerPoint'



I haven't had any message saying I should purchase or key in my Product Key from the same version I had purchased on my old Hard Drive.



Have you any ideas please. Thanks.



Microsoft office is 'Read only' so I can't use it. How can I get the Read Only box unticked?norton



Right click on the relevant files, go to properties, and on the general tab, uncheck 'read only'



Microsoft office is 'Read only' so I can't use it. How can I get the Read Only box unticked?spyware remover



Microsoft seems to like to spring this little surprise on Trial version users. Kind of like hooking fish.



Solutions?



1. You could buy Office.



2. Some people around here swear by Open Office, claiming it does everything MS Office does, but I just wonder about that.



Still, it may be worth running a download for. I think it's at www.openoffice.org.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment